Be the Biggest Saver and Win!
MAX Transit, in partnership with CityFlatsHotel in Holland, is challenging the community to Dump the Pump this June to save money, help our environment, and get a chance to win an overnight stay at CityFlatsHotel in Holland and a $25 gift certficate to CityVu Bistro!
Sponsored by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA), National Dump the Pump Day encourages people to use public transit instead of driving. This year, Dump the Pump Day is June 21, 2012. As in previous years, MAX Transit offers free rides on its fixed routes on this day. To further encourage drivers to give transit a try this year, MAX is giving pledgers the opportunity to win this great prize! The community is asked to pledge to "Dump the Pump" during June 11-21 and post photos on Facebook of themselves with their "savings sign" or riding on the MAX bus. Doing this enters you in our prize drawing!
How to Dump the Pump with MAX:
1. Visit the Dump the Pump with MAX page on Facebook. Click "Like" to make the following pledge:
"I pledge to ride the MAX instead of using my personal vehicle in observance of Dump the Pump 2012. I have calculated that I can save up to $_____ annually if I ride the MAX regularly for one year."
2. Use the Cost Savings Calculator link to see how much you will save.
- Car Mileage: Choose 30, 26, 22, or 18
- Price of gas/gallon: Ranges between $3. and $4.00
- Number of Miles Driven Daily: Average is 33-41 miles for all trips
- Daily Parking Costs: $0-$5
- Daily Use of MAX: $2 if using a Daily Pass, $1/day if using a Monthly Pass. If paying cash, each ride is $1 (adult); free (seniors or ADA/Medicare cardholders); and 50 cents for children 5-17.
3. Print out the "Savings Sign" that best shows your savings if you use public transportation for a year ($1500, $2500, $3500, $4500 or $8000; signs also found in the Photos section on the Facebook page).
4. Take a photo of yourself holding your "Savings Sign" or riding the MAX and post it on the "Dump the Pump with MAX" Facebook page. By posting your photo, you give MAX Transit permission to use your photo for promotional purposes.
5. Print out your Pledge Form (also found in Photos on the Facebook page). Give this Pledge Form to your bus operator when you board June 11-21, 2012 (only one bus trip is required). Regular bus fares apply. Free fixed route rides on June 21 only.
Pledgers that post their photo and give their pledge to their bus operator will be entered in the Dump the Pump with MAX prize drawing. Winner announced by July 1, 2012.