Through the hustle and bustle of getting kids ready to go back to school, we may forget about transportation and how they will get there. MAX is here for you; we have several fixed routes that stop at schools throughout the Holland Zeeland Area.
MAX can transport your children to and from school for fifty cents (with the ages of 5-17 years old) on the route, and with the Student Pass, it can be even cheaper. From now till the end of September, when a Student Pass is purchased, you will receive a FREE GIFT!
Students located in Park Township will still have access to use the MAX to get to school. In Park Township, MAX offers the Reserve-A-MAX service, allowing rides to be reserved in advance for rides to school. This comes at a two dollar (2) fee, but can be reduced in price if a twenty dollar (20) Punch Pass is purchased, which contains twenty two – one dollar punches!
Now let’s talk safety on the MAX bus. MAX cares deeply for the safety of all of their riders, and for students we now offer a Child Safety Card. The Child Safety Card allows students to have their home route and school route written down and attached to their backpack. If a student needs help, they can ask any MAX employee, and this will allow us to quickly assist them to the bus they should be on. Child Safety Cards are FREE and can be picked up at the Holland Depot located at 171 Lincoln Ave. Suite 20, Holland, MI 49423.
Bus safety is important, and every rider should be aware of it! Check out these safety tips for boarding, riding and de-boarding the bus!
Boarding the Bus:
- When waiting for the bus, wait near the bus stop sign but stay away from traffic. Avoid roughhousing or other behavior that can lead to carelessness.
- Do not stray onto the street, alleys or private property.
- Line up away from the street or road as the bus approaches.
- Wait until the bus has stopped and the door opens before approaching the bus.
- Use the handrail when boarding.
Behavior on the Bus:
- Use the seatbelts if they are available where you have sat.
- Don’t distract the driver with loud, excessive talking (including on cell phones), yelling or other disruptive behavior.
- Stay in your seat.
- Don’t put your head, arms or hands out the window.
- Keep aisles clear of books or bags.
- Keep your belonging on you, do not place them in another seat or leave them unattended
- Wait for the bus to stop completely before getting up from your seat.
De-boarding the Bus:
- Use the handrail when exiting the bus
- If you need to cross the street, wait until the bus has left and the traffic is clear.
Other drivers on the road DO NOT have to stop when the MAX bus is stopped. Remember to cross at crosswalks and look both ways!