Many of MAX’s bus shelters and bus stops are at locations where there is little or no snow removal in inclement weather. These locations also may require some trash pick-up and removal, or light cleaning of shelter surfaces. Adopt-A-Stop Volunteers clear snow and ice from their assigned bus stops and shelters on a regular basis or as needed.
Varies. Estimated 2-4 hours weekly. Assigned locations should be physically inspected weekly and cleaned or cleared as needed.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to travel to and from various bus stop and bus shelter locations around town either in their personal vehicle or riding the bus
- Ability to perform light cleaning duties including light lifting, bending, standing and walking.
- Ability follow instructions and perform tasks as assigned
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- Orientation to MAX transit, shelter locations and bus stops
- Cleaning procedures for shelters and bus stops
- List of necessary supplies
- Completion of Volunteer Time Sheets
- Completion of Work Orders for needed repairs, graffiti, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleaning bus shelters of trash and litter and wiping surfaces
- Shoveling of snow and ice at designated bus stop and any adjoining walkway to ensure accessibility by passengers
- Reporting any needed repairs and completing a work order
- Documenting all volunteer time logged and submitting a Volunteer Time Sheet weekly to your supervisor.
- Wearing and presenting a MAX Authority Volunteer ID badge at all times while volunteering and/or on Authority premises.
- Adhering to all Authority policies contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Adhering to all local, state and federal laws while volunteering for the Authority.
- Other activities as needed or determined necessary.