Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: Transit Director
FLSA Status & Pay Grade: Exempt (6) $48,651 to $81,078
Prepared Date: July 26, 2019
Performs various duties relating to the supervision of transit operations including personnel, marketing, planning, and safety and scheduling. May drive or dispatch as needed.
Directly supervises bus operators, dispatchers, and transportation supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee the development of staff and operator schedules fairly, in consideration of seniority, according to demands/requirements and adhering to the budget.
- Oversee training to ensure necessary training is completed for new hires and veteran drivers.
- Oversee Drug and Alcohol Program to see that it is compliant with Federal Regulations.
- Responsible for positive employee morale and quality customer service.
- Ensures that individual customer/passenger concerns are responded to in a manner that includes investigation and follow-up as concerns apply to specific employees.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, and training new operator and staff employees.
- Conducts performance reviews for all operations staff as least annually.
- Monitor budget to ensure that payroll and other expenses stay within the budget.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Routematch installation and project management.
- Management of tablets and tablet inventory.
- Management of Access Control for Greenway and Padnos Depot Buildings.
- Monthly NTD S&S 40 and S&S 50 reporting.
- Monthly Demand Response and Fixed Route Operations Reports.
Supplemental Essay Questions (Please limit each essay response to 250 word)
- Provide examples of work experience involving regional cooperation and coordination with partner organizations.
- Describe your personal approach to problem solving and explain skills that you would contribute as Transit Operations Manager.
- List past experience with route planning and trip scheduling software and give examples of scheduling conflicts that you have helped to resolve.
MAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please email email@example.com with your responses to the essay questions.