To make riding the MAX a great experience for all passengers, we ask that you abide by our Courtesy Rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in suspension from service.
- Exact bus fare is needed as drivers cannot make change, and refunds for over payment will not be made.
- Each passenger is allowed two (2) packages OR two (2) bags of groceries. Large bags of cans, or leaking bags or containers of any size are not permitted aboard.
- Cats can ride with you on the bus as long as they are in a approved cat carrier.
- Service dogs are allowed to ride the bus with proper identification.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Keep hands, arms and objects inside the bus.
- NO eating or drinking on the bus.
- Profanity, insulting language and gestures are prohibited.
- Strollers/carts must yield to passengers with mobility devices in securement area. Strollers/carts must be folded and stowed between the seats and out of aisles. Wagons are prohibited.
- NO yelling, roughhousing or throwing of objects.
- DO NOT distract the driver or disturb passengers with loud, excessive talking (including on cell phones), yelling or other disruptive behavior.
- NO loitering/panhandling/soliciting.
- NO smoking on the bus or within 25 ft. of the bus.
- NO continuous riding allowed. Passengers must have a destination and deboard at the end of the route.
MAX reserves the right to deny service or remove passengers who violate these rules.
Updated August 1, 2014